Friday, January 14, 2011

Winnie the Pooh!

Hi my names Monique
Everyone:*Hi Monique*
And I am a Disney addict

Leader: "So Monique tell us how it all started"
Me: "Well, I guess growing up in what they call the "Golden age of Disney" the 90s may have had something to do with it. I saw the Little Mermaid and her voice, I was captivated and wished everyday to be able to sing like that. I became obsessed. Unfortunately to this day the wish remains unfulfilled however my obsession with Disney has stuck with me. I laugh, scream and cry at Disney art, rush to see and buy Disney movies and have Disney related discussions with my friends. In maths my friends and I named polynomials Hercules to make maths more tolerable. In fact one day when I have kids I shall name them Simba, Aladdin, Mulan and Pumba! and-
Leader: Thank you Monique that's enough now-
Me: "No!! I must explain the depth of my love for Disney I.... hey what are you doing, let go of my arms, don't drag me out! DISNEY FOREVER!! I will be back!!!"

Okay, so the part about naming my kids Pumba, Simba and Aladdin are a lie but the rest is true. I'm still considering Mulan:) Yes, among my many addictions Disney is one of them. Why am I bringing up this topic? Well because last year I found this awesome trailer for Winnie the Pooh, the movie in traditional Disney style!

(Sorry its so small, I'm not sure how to make it bigger)  And I thought I should share it with you guys, whether you be Disney fans or not no one can deny how adorable this trailer is! For those of you who like the song it's called Somewhere Only We Know by Kenane. I love Christopher Robins accent! It is sooo cute! It's supposed to be out in the US in July so I'm not sure about Australia, and then again it could change as release dates sometimes do.

Who is your favorite character from Winne the Pooh? I can't choose! I suppose if I had to it would be Piglet or Eeyore. I never much liked Rabbit, I always thought he was a girl for some reason, then again I thought Tweety was a girl, I must have bad gender distinction skills








In terms of Disney Animated movie characters as I said Ariel  from the Little Mermaid was always my favorite because of her voice. Then of course looking at awesome bad-ass skills there's Mulan and Meg from Hercules is one sassy, sarcastic love interest. In terms of boys Aladdin was always my favorite, who wouldn't fall in love with that street rat and laugh at Genie. Hercule's is a close second. For animal characters you can't go past Mushu and I have a soft spot for both Abu in Aladdin and Meeko in Pocahontas. Hades is a pretty awesome villain and Ursula always freaked me out.

Now for one of the best parts: songs! Some of my favourite songs are Disney songs from movies! A Whole New World from Aladdin and Part of Your world from The Little Mermaid are fighting for top position. Hakuna Matata and I'll Make a Man out of you are both in play list I listen to before tests to get pumped (I may or may not have broken some items while training to be a man). Zero to Hero, I won't Say I'm In Love, Colours of the Wind, Beauty and the Beast, Love Will Find A Way and Can you Feel the Love Tonight are just some of my other favorites.

There's just something magical about Disney movies. I mean admittedly they aren't always the best in terms of morals (Ariel changes herself to be with a guy, so anti-feminist) but they do have some good ones. Mulan- It doesn't matter what gender you are, you can do anything. Well actually that's the only one I can think of at the moment...... a little help? Anyway moving on, it doesn't matter where or how old I am, whenever I watch a Disney movie or anything related I am instantly transported to back when I was six, I knew nothing bad in the world, and I could be transported to worlds where animals talked, magic existed, romance always worked out (Pocahontas excluded) and there was always a happy ending. No matter how untrue that is in the real world it always makes me feel a bit better just being in that world. As I said its something magical.

Okay so I used a whole post to express my love for Disney. Its out of my system....... for now MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAH (my attempt at a Disney villain laugh) So tell me some of your favorites and what you think of the trailer:D Are you as excited as I am?


Until next time:D 
Byes!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE this post! I am a huge fan of Disney movies, I have quite a collection :D

    That trailer is so cute and having Somewhere Only We Know is such perfect backing music! I'm really looking forward to when it is released in Aust.

    Winnie the Pooh and the gang have always been a favourite of mine, especially Eeyore. Other Disney movies I love include Aladdin, Cinderella, The Lion King, Robin Hood and Balto. I was always scared of Ursula in The Little Mermaid and the witch from Snow White so I never let my sister watch them. haha

    Happy to have found another Disney fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh another Disney fan:D Isn't Eeyore just both adorable and slightly depressing! The witch from snow white was freaky! But Ursula was always the one to haunt me haha. I haven't seen Balto for a while, I have an itching to watch it now. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pharmacy

    Excellent post, I just love those cartoons... it's all about my childhood... thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete