Thursday, December 2, 2010

I'm Back!!

Hey
So after writing my introduction of my first ever blog!!! I went AWOL, I disappeared and my promised blog entries were nowhere to be found!! No I wasn't abducted by aliens and I didn't loose my memory and forget that I was the proud owner of a blog. I had the dreaded EXAMS * cue dramatic music*.

They were my year eleven end of year exams with one year twelve exam. Boy was I nervous. See, I took a year twelve course, history revolutions and so I had to do the end of year exam. Since it was a year twelve one it kind of took precedence over my other year eleven ones, and the actual exam was in my year eleven revision week. Confused? Anyway so I did my year twelve history exam, did a "yay I'm finally finished" dance and then was left with four days until my other exams started. So became a hermit, living in my room with my texts and computer, eating only brain food. Their was occasional sightings when I came out to get air but besides that I was in full study mode.

So with my exams over I had year twelve orientation week, which was surprisingly full on. It actually counted towards year twelve, which made me ask whats the point of having a year twelve week that actually counts in year eleven? It's just weird.
My exams were over, my orientation week finished and I was free..... so to speak. My holidays started last week except for two classes I was forced to attend due to it not running during orientation. I was free to start my blog, I could write as much as I wanted about the things I loved most in this world. Books!!!! But I was reluctant, I became scared, I subscribe and follow so many amazing blogs, what was the point of adding my own, one that would clearly be miles ( I should say kilometers living in Australia) behind those. I thought, no one wants to read what I will have to say, what if I make a mistake, what if I offend someone? What if I look stupid? With all these thoughts in my head I stayed away from my blog, I neglected it, I couldn't bring myself to delete it however, opting to ignore it and hope that if I stayed away it would disappear magically. 

Yes I was being stupid, I found myself thinking of things to write about on my blog, finding people who loved the same things I did and being able to write down my own thoughts about things I was interested in. The lure of the blog was too strong for me and so I'm baaaack! I realized that the only way I could even come close to being like the blogs I followed was by having a go and practicing. I wasn't going to get anywhere by hiding, and that even if no one reads my blog it is so much fun just writing about things I loved that it doesn't matter. And for anyone who does read this blog thank you so much and it's just a bonus.

So here I am, I am committed to having the most fun I can with this blog and I look forward to whatever comes with that. So I was wondering, to anyone who reads this what is it that you love most about blogging? For me it's just getting to write about my interests. Please, comment and tell me. Any comment will be appreciated.

So that's its for me until I get the writing urge once again.
Byes!

2 comments:

  1. What I love most about blogging is having someone read something I have written and think 'Yeh, I'd like to read that'. My favourite thing is getting comments from people, it's such a good feeling when you find out people actually read what you are writing. The cool thing about blogging? There are people out there everywhere who share the same likes and dislikes as you. I was worried when I first started my blog but the blogging community is fantastic and I have made so many great friends since starting it. I wish you all the best with your blog and I look forward to reading it!

    Jess xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh my first comment! Thank you so much! And I must admit that feeling of knowing someone has read what I have written is pretty good:)And your my first follower too!! I'm so excited, thank you and I love your blog. I hope you had a good trip to the US.

    ReplyDelete